Tips For a Successful
Get the WOW News for updates on Road Trips and Events.
Get the most out of your Way Out Wineries Road Trip by following these simple tips:
- Choose a designated driver. We always recommend that someone in your party either refrain from tasting or limit tastings so that you have a safe driving experience.
- Plan on visiting only 4 or 5 wineries in one day. Spend enough time to enjoy your tasting and get to know the winery.
- Stay hydrated. Bring along some bottled water or ask for water to drink at the winery.
- Road Trip events always include some food, but other times, be sure to bring a picnic or snack or have lunch plans to be sure you get to stop and refresh.
- You will enjoy the nuances of wine aroma more if you don’t contribute any yourself. Avoid wearing perfumes or heavy scents of any kind in a winery.
- During hot weather, bring a cooler with some ice packs to store your wine. High temps can ruin your purchase before you get it home.
- During really cold weather, keep an eye on the weather forecast and highway reports. Hill country roads are winding and slippery in cold or wet weather.
- A wine beginner? Don’t worry. Our wineries will get you started. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and let your server know that you are just starting on your wine education.
- Only like sweet wines? That’s okay with us. Every winery will have a selection of sweeter wines and can direct you to them. But, don’t be afraid to take a chance on a dry wine. Ask your server to recommend one.
- A wine expert? We love you. Don’t hesitate to ask to speak to the winemaker or someone who can answer your expert questions about the wine.